Used car challenge - Two Legends on test - Nissan Cefiro and Toyota Camry

- Nissan Cefiro still strong after all this years -



Nissan Cefiro, one of the cars with great engines and great comfort, how does a second hand vehicle live up?

I went to the dealer and unfortunately he told me the gearbox need to be exchanged as the Reverse gear went off.

Alright, this would mean, come a second time to measure a gear box. But how is the engine ????


Cefiro 2.0, 2005, 160000km, Price 15800 RM

Engine ………………………..drum roll………………….20% worn, 4 stars, amazing

Alternator 10% worn, 4.5 Stars



Test drive (only D not R) very good but brakes sluggish. Dealer will change brake disks and pads.

So in this case, all hinges on the quality of the gear box. Frankly, as I am running on budget and the company needs a car, I choose to look further.


BUT……………..with a weeping eye, I like this car.



- Toyota Camry anyone???? -


Toyota Camry, who hasn’t heard of it, now around in the I don’t know what face lift version, decades of Camry cars are on our streets.


So I had my pick as well. Picked a 2003, 160000km, Price OTR 19300 RM , scratching the budget ceiling.

Here it comes:


- Engine 20% wear, 4 Stars, again, amazing after so many years and the mileage.

- Alternator and gear box even better , 10% wear, 4.5 Stars.




This was a very very convincing car and the test drive was smooth as well. Absolutely good.

A very good deal for budget conscious people, indeed.

So the story of Japanese quality and reliability seems true – at least for the generations in my budget

(maybe up to 2005). 

Comments

Popular Posts